Thursday, May 29, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers


We have all heard about Tuesdays with Dorie-the master bakers of the internets get together to feature thier skillz with flour and yeast and icing and special little pans. What? I sound bitter? Well, maybe I am a little bit. The thing is I have been stricken with a curse from the baking gods which prohibits me from producing any decent baked good-hence, eliminating me from participating in THE food blogging events of the world. So, I feel a bit left out you see.
UNTIL-I stumbled across a post about the Barefoot Bloggers. A blogging event which incorporates many of my obsessions-cooking (not a lot of baking) and the sometimes stalking tendencies I have towards many Food Network stars. Now I can cook with Ina every other week. We talk, we chat, I spend all my future summers in the Hamptons with her and the elusive Jeffrey. What does he do anyway?
First up on BB, was Herb Baked Eggs-a french inspired dish. Eggs cooked in cream and butter under a crust of herbs and parmesean cheese. This was a nice little breakfast for me to enjoy on a holiday weekend. I sat on our veranda, listening to romantic music, my hair blowing in the breeze under my beret. Ok, I elaborated a bit. I sat on the deck and listened to my neighbors mow thier lawn :(
This dish was really good. I love soft boiled eggs and this was very similar. The outside was nice and firm and the inside was gooey and runny and perfectly set up for dipping with buttered toast. I will definately make it again, maybe playing with different herbs and cheeses.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Can I summer in the Hamptons with you and Ina too?

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Hooray for neighbors who mow their lawn. ;) The eggs look delicious. Can't wait to try them tomorrow!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Heather B said...

Great job on the eggs! They look delish!

Leslie said...

What a perfectly penned post, my precious pipsqueak!

IMO, Jeffery is going to start cooking with Chiarello any day now.

bethanyjg said...

I want a Hamptons invite as well. I'm also curious as to what the elusive Jeffrey does. Looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see what else you make in your new blog!

Anonymous said...

looks like your eggs turned out great!