Monday, June 9, 2008

Going with the flow


Upon starting my business, I thought I was going to start things out nice and easy and gradually ease into more complicated events. I have come to realize that these things are not for me to determine. As much as I would love to have a handful of regular weekly clients, most of the biz I have gotten so far has been catering events and private parties. Because not everyone likes tater tot casserole and spaghetti pie like we do ;) I wanted to try and branch out a bit and try some new dishes. These potatoes are sort of fancy looking without being too fancy. I liked them with the exception of the name. I can't stop thinking about that idiot from The View everytime I see the name! Got any ideas? Ah well. For now-here are the Hasselback Potatoes from the Food Network. Next time I will probably season a little heavier or maybe put some parmesean cheese on top for extra flava!

Hasselback Potatoes with Herb Sour Cream

16 ounces red new potatoes
3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Herbed Sour Cream, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through. Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream.


Herbed Sour Cream:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season, to taste, and refrigerate until use.

No comments: